- Just Arrived
- Best Sellers
- Top Rated Products
- Travel Toiletries
- Large Sizes
- Masks For Every Skin Type
- Midnight Recovery Must Haves
- Glowing Skin
- Halloween Ideas with Kiehl's
- Kiehl's Festival Guide
- MTV Staying Alive Ultra Facial Cream
- MTV Staying Alive Avocado Eye Cream
- Apothecary Preparations
- Kiehls Rocks
- Grooming Solutions
- Nature Powered Facial Masques
- Skin Concerns and Advice
- Cleansers & Scrubs
- Facial Masks
- Facial Oils & Serums
- Sun Care
- Targeted Solutions
- Toners & Essence Lotions
- Healthy Skin Essentials
- Healthy Skin Routine Finder
- View All Skincare
- Men's Routines
- Powerful Skin Care Solutions
- Women's Routines
- Moisturizers and Eye Duos
- Halloween Skincare
- Anti-Ageing for Men
- Body Products for Men
- Cleansers & Pre-Shave for Men
- Eye & Lip Care for Men
- Moisturisers for Men
- Shaving Products
- Grooming Solutions
- Men’s Gifts
- View All Men's
- Men's Essentials
WORLD OF KIEHL'S
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This website www.kiehl.co.uk is owned and run by L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited (“L’Oréal” or “We”).
WHO WE ARE
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited of 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, United Kingdom. For further information about L’Oreal, and the different divisions and brands within it, please visit www.loreal.co.uk.
INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by L’Oreal. In this policy, “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This includes information such as your name, address, username, profile pictures, or email address, but could also include information such as your IP address, or information about your preferences and shopping habits.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website or at one of our stores or counters, entering competitions and prize draws, creating an account on our website or via a mobile app, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, health information, and user-generated content. If you login to one of our sites using social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network.
Information we collect about you:
• Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
• Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
• Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
We also collect information using cookies to understand how you interact with our advertising content, to make sure we’re delivering this is the most relevant way. We do this on our sites and on third party sites. See our Cookies Policy below for more information.
If you are using one of our mobile apps, we may also collect information about the way you use our app.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (for example a website for another L’Oréal brand) or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publically available content on social media.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information…
To get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
• Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this), or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys;
• Contact you about a particular type of product where you have started a transaction but not finalised your purchase;
• Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process an order that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
• Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content;
• Give you updates on any changes to our service;
• Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
• Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
To provide you with a tailored and relevant experience. We may:
• Deliver relevant advertising tailored to your preferences to you directly on our website or when you visit other websites or social media channels, and measure the effectiveness of that advertising;
• Combine information we receive and collect from all sources to understand your interests and preferences, and provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions by email (where you have agreed to receiving our emails), or offering you advertising content that is relevant to your interests;
• Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
• Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content and is presented in the most efficient and effective manner for you, including remembering your preferences and interests.
To improve our site and content. We may:
• Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
• Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information within L’Oréal, and with any member of the L’Oréal Group, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. Please visit www.loreal.com for further details on the L’Oréal Group.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don’t use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
• Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions;
• Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and verifying your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If L’Oréal or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
• In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
We will not sell your personal information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure, and take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, and require that trusted third parties who handle your personal information for us do the same.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL LOGIN
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We may also offer you the opportunity to use social login. If you chose to use social login, please be aware that the social platform will share your profile information with us. The information that is shared will depend on your social platform settings.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Some of our sites and apps allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
It’s important that you are able to control your personal data. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, ask us to update or delete your personal information, and not to be contacted by us if you do not wish to be. If you have an account with us, you can sign in to that account to update your personal information. We won’t contact you for marketing purposes unless you agree, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
If you want to control which cookies are used, please see our Cookies Policy below.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Kiehl’s Data Protection Officer
L’Oreal (UK) limited
255 Hammersmith Road
London W6 8 AZ
What are they?
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device so that the website can remember who you are.
There are two types of cookies on our sites – “session” cookies that are temporary cookies that remain on your browser only while you’re on our site, and “persistent” cookies, that remain on your browser for much longer.
Do I want to stop them?
Many cookies are used to enhance the usability or functionality of a website; therefore disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and give you a button by which you can block the optional cookies.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all cookies on this site. You can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons below to change your cookie status for our site.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org
Which cookies are being used on this site?
We use four different types of cookies on this site – those that are strictly necessary for the website to function, functionality cookies, performance/analytics cookies, and targeted/advertising cookies.
Strictly Necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential for our website to work correctly. They may be required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, or for a shopping cart function. These cookies cannot be switched off.
Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example, they may remember information about previous choices you have made, remember your password, or allow video or social media content to be properly viewed on the website. You can opt out of functionality cookies using the function below.
Analytics and Performance cookies: These are used for internal purposes to help us understand how you interact with our site, so we can provide you with an improved user experience e.g. to assess the performance of our website, or to test different design ideas for the website. We may work with third parties to perform these services for us, so these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of these cookies using the function below.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver relevant and tailored content (including advertising content) to you, and also to evaluate the effectiveness of that content. This content may be delivered on our websites, or on a third party website. We often work with third parties to deliver this content, so some of these cookies may be set by a third party. You can opt out of them using the function below. You can also opt out of targeted advertising by clicking on the “Ad Choices” logo on our advertising, or at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. Note however by opting out of these cookies you do not opt out of receiving advertising content altogether; you will instead receive general content that does not take into account your interests and preferences.
We also use web beacons in combination with cookies.
Where we work with third parties, they may set cookies to deliver the services that they are providing (e.g. tailored advertising). We make every effort to identify these cookies and detail them below, so that you can choose to opt out.
There may be additional cookies managed by third parties.
If you wish to change you cookie settings, please use the function below:
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Last updated: SEPTEMBER 2015